Web Console - Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I access the new Web Console (WebTC)?
You can access the new Web Console by navigating to secure.logmeinrescue.com/WebTC and signing in using your current Rescue credentials.
- Is there a charge to use the WebTC?
No, the Web Console is included as part of your current Rescue subscription at no additional cost.
- Do I need to make any additional firewall changes to use the WebTC?
Yes, in addition to standard Rescue allowlisting, customers should allow
- IP ranges or DNS names listed under the Rescue Lens and Rescue Nextgen media section in the document linked above:
- IPs 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 or DNS names WebTC-proxy.logmeinrescue.com and/or WebTC-proxy.logmeinrescue.eu,
- Rescue WebTC URL and xxx IP ranges, etc. if it is necessary in order to have the best experience while using the new WebTC.
- Which browsers does the WebTC support?
The WebTC supports Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari.
- Can I access the WebTC from a mobile device like a tablet or mobile phone?
Currently, the WebTC does not support access from mobile devices due to the limited screen real estate. We are continuously evaluating the need for tablet support based on feedback and customer demand.
- When will other Rescue features be added to the WebTC?
Over the next 12 months, we plan to roll out additional features to the WebTC to align it more closely with the current desktop experience.
- Can I continue to use the desktop TC in addition to the WebTC?
Yes, users can only be logged into one console at a time, but you can switch to the desktop application from the WebTC by selecting Launch desktop console from the menu bar. Any active sessions will be seamlessly transferred to the desktop console.
- Will you force users to move to the WebTC in the future?
Currently, there are no plans to force users to move to the WebTC. Rescue users can continue to leverage the console that provides the best workflow for them and have total flexibility to switch between the web and desktop experience.
- Does the WebTC have any other limitations?
The WebTC always uses Next Gen Media for Remote control and Remote view, regardless of the setting in Admin Center.
- There is a feature crucial to my workflow that is not currently part of the WebTC; how can I let the product team know?
We are continuously releasing additional features for the WebTC.. If there is a feature you would like us to know about, simply click the “share feedback” button at the top right of the menu bar, or email email@example.com.
- Will there be a light theme in the WebTC?
Yes, a light theme is planned in an upcoming release.