The Customer Experience: Instant Chat
This article gives guidance to Rescue technicians.
Instant Chat allows a support technician to engage in a two-way chat session with a customer without forcing the customer to download any software.
Figure 1. Standard Instant Chat interface Standard Instant Chat interface
With Instant Chat you lose no functionality, but rather gain the flexibility to use the Rescue Applet or not.
Tip: To open a remote session or troubleshoot the customer's device, prompt the customer to download the Rescue Applet.
Customers have the following capabilities using the Instant Chat interface in chat-only mode:
- Chat with the technician(s)
- View a detailed session log
- Allow or deny the technician the right to perform certain actions (install the Applet, start remote control)
- End a session by clicking the large X at upper left
- Change the display language using the Language Selector
- Change the display font size
For detailed information on Instant Chat setup and customization, see the Rescue Customization and Integration Guide.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022