Technician Console Desktop App for Windows and Mac
Technician Console as a desktop application is available for technicians both on Windows and Mac computers.
The desktop app offers the same set of features as the browser-based version. The only difference is that it runs as a standalone executable, which means it can be launched with a single click – no browser required.
Restrictions and limitations for the Technician Console for Mac
The following Technician Console features are not available on Mac:
- Technician screen sharing
- Screen recording with MSVC codec (falls back to MRLE codec)
- Monitoring the desktop of a technician running the Technician Console for Mac
- Integrated content portal (ICP)
- Connect On LAN
How to Install the Desktop App
- Option 1. Click this link to download and install the current version of the desktop app (7.12.3379)
- Option 2. Log in to your account at the LogMeIn Rescue website and go to the My Account page. Click the link to download the desktop app.
On a Mac
- Click this link todownload the current version of the Technician Console for Mac app (7.12.3334.13-69).
- In the Downloads box, double-click LogMeIn RescueTechnicianConsoleMAC.dmg.
- Follow instructions to drag the LogMeIn Rescue icon to your Applications folder.
The application is now installed on your computer.
How to Run the Desktop App
Launch the application via the Windows Start button, a desktop shortcut, or any other preferred method. You may be prompted to log in to your LogMeIn Rescue account. Use the same email and password combination you use to log in at the LogMeIn Rescue website.
On a Mac
- Login first with your SSO credentials on the website .
- Launch the application via Launchpad or Finder > Applications. You may be prompted to log in to your LogMeIn Rescue account. Use the same email and password combination you use to log in at the LogMeIn Rescue website.
How to Set Up One-Click Login to the Desktop App
You can tell LogMeIn Rescue to remember your user name and password when you log in to the desktop app.