How to Add Technicians
Master Administrators can add technicians to any Technician Group in the organization, while Administrators can only add technicians to groups to which they are assigned.
How to Add a Technician
Technician permissions are inherited from the Technician Group.
- Right-click the Technician Group to which you want to add the technician and click Create technician.
- Make sure the user you want to work with is selected on the Organization Tree and click the Organization tab.
Result: The Configuration page is displayed.
- Edit the following options:
Option Description Name The user's name as it will be displayed on the Organization Tree and in the Technician Console, if licensed. Nickname The user's name as it will be displayed to the customer during a session. Example: [10:46 AM] Chat session established with Nickname. The email address the user will use to log in to GoToLogMeIn Rescue. Single Sign-On ID The identification number the user will use to log on if Single Sign-on is active. Description This is for your own reference. New password The password the user will use to log in to GoToLogMeIn Rescue.Note: To require the user to change this password when they first log in, make sure the Admin password changes force user to change password at next logon option is selected under the Password policies section of the Global Settings tab. Minimum password strength The minimum required password strength as set on the Global Settings tab under Password Policies.
- Under Status, select Enabled to activate the user.
- Click Save changes.
How to Import Technicians from a File
Master Administrators can import technicians "in bulk" by uploading a CSV or JSON file.
- Log in to your LogMeIn Rescue account. On the My Account page, click Import technicians.
- Select the Technician Group to which you want to import technicians by starting to type the name of the group in the Search technician group... field.
Fastpath: If the uploaded file contains valid Technician Group IDs for each line, you may leave this field empty.
- Click Upload file to choose the CSV or JSON file from your source.
- Click Start import.
Result: Import starts. When the process ends, the Import Summary is displayed listing all the successful or failed import items.
- All column headers are required and MUST remain in their original order in the file.
- The following fields are required and each row must contain data as part of the import:
- Email address
- (technician is) Enabled
- (has) Standard License
- (has) Mobile License
- If you set all users to be imported into the same Technician Group (by selecting a global group), you can leave the Tech Group ID column blank.
Remember: The column header must remain in the original order.
- If you select a global Tech Group, Tech Group IDs in the file will be ignored during the import.
- Each import file is limited to a maximum of 500 users.