Calling Card Setup, Task One: Generate a Calling Card
The first task in the process of setting up a Calling Card is to generate a Calling Card installer for a channel.
- On the Organization Tree, select the channel for which you want to generate a Calling Card.
- Select the Channels tab and scroll to the Generate Calling Card for this Channel section.
- Give the Calling Card a meaningful name in the Installer Name box.
Tip: In large organizations with many Calling Card installers, always use a meaningful installer name to help identify different installers.
- Select the operating system you want to generate the Calling Card for.
Note: Check Windows Service Mode if you want to use the Calling Card as a Windows service. The feature is available from Calling Card v.7.51.1043.
- Click Generate.
- On Windows operating systems run the .msi file to install it on the local machine or save the .msi file to a folder on the local machine or on a network for later manual distribution. On Mac operating systems unzip and save the file to a local or network location for later manual distribution. On Linux operating systems save the rescue-callingcard.deb Debian package to the local machine.
Each Calling Card installer that you generate has a unique Referral ID. This Referral ID is tracked when a new Rescue session is started using the Calling Card application and it will appear in any session reports.