Rescue Connect On LAN technical details
NetBIOS uses ports 135, 137, 138, 139.
Windows uses NTLM authentication to acquire administrator rights. This authentication uses randomly allocated TCP ports: 1024-65535, or 49152-65535 on Vista and Windows Server 2008.
Required Windows settings
- Allow File and Printer sharing on remote computer's firewall.
- The setting Network access: Sharing and security model for local accounts must be set to Classic - local users authenticate as themselves on the remote computer ( .)
- Source and target devices must use a compatible NTLM authentication method: (for example, set both to Send NTLMv2 response only).
- Remote Registry service must not be disabled on the remote computer. Go to , right-click Remote Registry, and click Properties. Set Startup type to Automatic or Manual.
Applet Deploy target folders
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 Server: C:\ProgramData
- Windows XP, Windows 2000: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
When the remote computer is behind a proxy the Applet will use the proxy settings of the Technician Console.
When non-domain credentials are used to connect to a UAC-on computer, Applet deployment will fail as administrator rights cannot be acquired. Use remote built-in administrator credentials to acquire administrator credentials.